Natural Mineral-Based Anti-Microbial
- Controls water contamination caused by algae and bacteria
- Effective against undesirable microbes in many water systems, including natural waters, industrial ponds, irrigation systems and livestock drinking water
- Improves color, odor and taste of water
- Lowers suspended organic material, resulting in lower filtration costs
- Reduces chemical consumption during water treatment
- Remains effective over wide range of conditions
- Also used to treat reservoirs, golf courses, ponds, canals, waterscapes, potable water storage tanks and distribution systems
OCION PX10 / POLYDEX is an effective and environmentally responsible solution to algae and bacteria including cyanobacteria and their associated toxins in natural, drinking, industrial, and recreational waters. It also controls against undesirable microbes in irrigation systems and livestock drinking water including zebra mussels.
Municipal water managers and engineers rely on OCION PX10 / POLYDEX to combat unsightliness, foul odor and taste in potable and non-potable water systems caused by undesirable bacteria.
Using OCION PX10 / POLYDEX in agricultural and industrial water distribution systems, keeps the system clean, protects animal health and preserves water resources. If not treated effectively, bio-matter can clog pipes, filters, hoses and nozzles serving as a breeding ground for bacteria. Noxious gases generated from improperly managed algae and pond slime can be harmful to workers, plants and livestock. See OCION Advantage.
Permitted product application and registration varies between jurisdictions. Contact OCION today for availability.
Why use chlorine? OCION PX10 / POLYDEX offers equivalent results but without the environmental harm and health risks. (See: Independent Study – Polydex and Chlorine pdf)
Blue green algae is one of the most widespread environmental problems of inland waters according to the United Nations Environment Programme. Its toxins are poisonous at very low concentrations. (See: Algae – An Environmental Menace pdf) OCION PX10 / POLYDEX is very effective for preventing outbreaks and/or controlling an existing bloom.