Municipal Anti-Microbial Water Treatment
- Controls algae, bacteria and organic film build-up
- Controls and prevents noxious gases and foul odors
- Improves aesthetic water conditions
- Reduces reliance on chemical disinfection
- Reduces suspended solids and lowers filtration requirements
- Meets stringent government standards
- Potable water reservoirs and storage tanks, canals, pipelines and decorative water features.
Managers and engineers responsible for municipal water quality frequently face challenges as a result of biological contamination in raw water supplies. Cyanobacteria and other algae produce toxins that affect the color, taste and smell of water can also lead to conditions that are both life threatening and injurious to the environment if not managed properly.
OCION PX10 / POLYDEX works to correct and prevent both aesthetic and toxic water issues stemming from biological contaminants in potable and non-potable water systems. Used seasonally as prevention, it minimizes downstream treatment costs. It also reduces reliance on more harmful or costly solutions such as chlorine, flocculants and activated carbon.
Read why primary potable water reservoirs serving Athens Greece successfully rely on OCION PX10 / POLYDEX. See: Lake Marathon and Polydex pdf